We believe patients should be in charge of their own health and wellness. That includes getting clear, honest information about what to expect throughout your naturopathic care at Silver Spruce.
HOW DO I BECOME A PATIENT?
If you’re ready to get started, simply call us at 905-554-5599 to schedule an intake appointment with one of our naturopathic doctors. No referral is necessary.
If you are interested in starting treatment, but want to make sure we’re the right fit for you, we welcome you to book a complimentary 15-minute consult to help you decide. Please call the clinic or book online now.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE FIRST NATUROPATHIC VISIT?
Your first visit as a patient will take about 90 minutes. At this appointment, you and your naturopath will talk in depth about your health history, symptoms, lifestyle and goals. We encourage you to bring a loved one if you wish, and to ask any questions you have. Our goal is for you to leave feeling confident about the treatments we discuss. At the end of the visit, you will receive a treatment plan with the first steps in your healing.
HOW DO I PREPARE?
- Complete the intake and consent form you will receive with your appointment confirmation email.
- Get copies of any recent bloodwork or other test results from your family doctor or specialists. You can bring these results with you, or submit them to us ahead of time.
- Gather any medications or supplements you are taking and bring these to your appointment.
- Write down any questions you may have.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MY VISIT?
Your treatment plan will include specific, personalized recommendations. These may include in-clinic treatments, such as acupuncture, vitamin injections or IV therapy, as well as nutritional supplements and other supports. They will also include the important work of healing you will do on your own. Your journey to wellness may require changes to your diet, lifestyle, environment, and even your mindset—all of which take time and commitment.
In between appointments, the following strategies may help you stay on track:
- Monitor how you are feeling, physically and mentally. You may be given questionnaires or charts to help you with this, or asked to keep a journal.
- Jot down questions or concerns. Big questions that may involve adjusting your treatment plan can be discussed at your follow up visit. More immediate questions, such as clarification on a supplement you have been prescribed, can be answered with a quick email.
- Find motivation and information on our blog, newsletter and resources pages.
HOW MANY APPOINTMENTS WILL I NEED?
Depending on your situation and goals, you may need to see a naturopathic doctor several times in the first few months to check on your progress, order additional lab testing, address any new concerns, or adjust your treatment plan. Follow-up appointments are usually 30 or 60 minutes in length. If your plan includes IV therapy or other in-clinic treatments, you may need more frequent visits. As you start feeling better, we expect to see less of you! However, we encourage you to continue checking in periodically to stay on track and maintain a lifetime of wellness.