A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it.
It just blooms.
~ Zen Shin
CAUGHT UP IN COMPARING MIND?
Social Comparison Theory suggests that comparing ourselves is necessary to encourage and motivate us towards greater potential. Occasionally this is the case. More often however, our comparisons cause critical self judgement or invalidation. In these instances, comparing mind takes us further away from our own potential and flow. Instead we find ourselves in the tension of comparing itself, and often distressing stories of deficiency.
It is natural to note changes in ourselves and others, to notice the differences in how we live our lives, but measuring our worth and ruminating about the results can waste valuable resources; resources that could be spent getting to know ourselves more intimately.
We move through our lives with one true obligation: to be entirely who we are. Perhaps this is where our resources are better invested.
~Gail Sauer ND FABNO
REGISTERED NURSE AND PSYCHOTHERAPIST
Sofia has over 25 years of nursing experience working in the field of mental health and addictions.
- adults, teens, children and adolescents
in the areas of:
- interpersonal relationship dynamics
- stress management
- trauma and crisis intervention
- mood disorders
- sexual orientation and gender identity concerns.
Our MBCT/MBSR 8-week course dates have been finalized!
Weekly 3 hour sessions from Saturday October 1st – Saturday November 19th, 2022
Full Day Retreat: Sunday November 6th (part of 8-week course)
Course Fee: $650.00
Please call 905-554-5599 for more information and to register.
NOTE: this is an in person course and will be limited to 6 participants.
COST: $650.00. Naturopathic reciepts will be provided to all participants after the course is complete and can be claimed under extended health care benefit plans.
- Mandatory Attendance: each session builds on the last. It is fundamental for understanding and integration to attend all the sessions, including the full day retreat.
- Home Practice: please prepare to commit to 45-60 minutes of home practice per day
- Confirming Enrollment: please note, you will be enrolled in the course once your registration form has been received and you payment has been processed. You can access the registration form at https://form.jotform.com/SilverSpruce/mbct-registration-adult password: MBCT2022
- Payments: payments can be made by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, if you wish to pay by credit card, please call Silver Spruce at 905-554-5599 between regular reception hours
- Non-Silver Spruce Patients and those that have not seen one of our Naturopathic Doctors are welcome to enroll.
You will be required to complete a 60 minute screening interview at a cost of $150.00 before confirming your enrollement to ensure that the course is appropriate for you.
- Refund Policy: Please Register only if your intention is to complete the course. Refunds will be considered on a person-to-person basis.